Saturday, May 10, 2014

Feeling guilty about not updating, so...

So, here you go.  I'm editing antho stories (slowly but surely due to my laptop dying) and haven't had much of anything new (thank god) to add here.

It'll probably be a while before I'm done with it, but that's okay.  I'm going to try and get a sound file of all of the stories, too, so they can be preserved!

Here is a fragment of the story "King of the Crows".

Order of texts: Sandic -- Smooth English of Sandic

-----


Ba driazee assa aan auniab basmii ba thiiaa, skra thiian duusniatin oneot jae, wii le:ivageen lenain oneot viata.

“Usuuldi-i yahl aan ian yeheen otediijj. Fuun mekaa le:ee ysa, le:ee ba driazee. Keemania ian ba yeheen okadiijj, aan mee-e hatemab ka. Gado aan jeed keemania katema gre kala yteahl usuuldi-i.”

Ba driazee hatemi asahl, wii ian ba thiia asmii aan biab atetiadra.

“Tsum pa kasla biab ole:eegre, le:ee ba driazee. Meer katee le:ee, le:ian batefeed. Fii aan le:eewiis aan biab miarsee, ole:eeneot feed ian naat ba jam pa ba le:eetekatee, uu gre kala eteahl usuuldi-i.”

---

The daughter knew that the bird had spoken the truth, because normal birds do not speak, and evil spirits do not ask favors.

"I am cursed that I must fight against a monster.  I know your mind, O daughter.  Someone must fight against the monster and show his fearlessness.  Unless someone will do this thing, I will be cursed for eternity."

The daughter was (indeed) fearless, and she told the bird that she surely would help it.


"Wait for it here in the castle, O daughter.  While you are sleeping, it will come to you.  If you wish to conquer it, you should not leave from the room in which you will be sleeping, otherwise I will be cursed for eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment